Dream it and you can achieve it! You may apply to become a contestant in the Miss Black USA Pageant, by winning a state pageant in the state where you live, work or attend school. If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements below, you may begin application process here. It’s as simple as 1, 2, and 3.
STEP ONE: To apply, click here.
STEP TWO: Submit a recent head shot image here. (This will not be returned and does not need to be a professional photo).
STEP THREE: If you meet the eligibility criteria listed below, please pay the $25.00 non-refundable application fee here. Note: Applications will not be accepted without payment of application fee.
- You must fall within the age categories for each pageant category;
- [Miss Black Connecticut USA; 18 to 27 years old].
- [Miss Black Connecticut USA Talented Teen; 14 to 17 years old].
- [Miss Black Connecticut USA Junior Teen; 9 to 13 years old].
- You must be a middle or in your senior year of high school or graduate.
- You must be single; not married.
- You must be a natural born female.
- You must be a United States citizen and live in the United States.
- You must live, work, or go to school in Connecticut.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- You may not have competed more than twice in the national Miss Black USA pageant and may not represent the same state more than once.
Employees, officers, directors and agents of Miss Black USA Pageant and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be contestants in the MISS BLACK USA PAGEANT or participate in this application process.
Once we receive your Application, head shot and fee, your application will be reviewed by the Miss Black USA Connecticut Recruitment Team and you will be contacted within one week by a member of the Recruitment Team.
Thanks again for your interest!